Saturday, September 10, 2011

Hide and Seek

Written at 13. Scary ...

Hide and Seek

Reminiscent of your way
Common of your step
Remarkably
I follow
I don’t know why
But I did
I can’t change
Or hope for solace
After what you did to me.

I’m being selfish
I should have let you strangle my soul
Or relish in the thought of my pain
But I didn’t
What was I thinking?
You always know best
I’m in the closet
Behind your darts
Hiding in the J.C. Penny display case
Hoping
You can’t catch me.

Opposite Eyes of Knowledge

A scholarly man requested my help
I acquiesced and pondered
He wondered what all his years of work would bring him
Simply he said that his life had been pressing
While his nights had been lost
Minutes were words, and words were books. Yet all the time his eyes glanced at mine.
Words became mumbled expressions of awe
Hands reached out, touching
One on a cheek
The other, a heart.
The man replied his many thanks and he wept.
I laughed in spite of it all.
I’d helped this poor man with the brush of my hand
Words again were mentioned
But only subconsciously for no one to hear
And I, the lesser intellect of the two,
Gathered my small brain into my deformed body
For the scholarly man had seen something in my eyes,
And yet I still look for the happiness it brought him in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment