Thursday, December 16, 2010

Three Fingers Short

One day closer to snow,
and one hour short is the day.

A game of dive bar hop scotch means never skipping a chance to double dutch a double scotch, three fingers short of a Tom Waits ballad.

Whiskey makes me beautiful,
at least that's what I tell myself when I'm touching my face against the bar bathroom mirror, speckled with has-been band decals and inscribed with dime store lipstick poetry.

Last call incense lingers in the air.

One pour further from boredom.

One pour closer to divinity.

I own no watch, so I watch the time pass as my cigarette packet diminishes.

Four cigs left: clearly, it's 3:00 A.M.

Trouble is, 20 more reasons to stay awake are just a deft discarding of plastic and foil away.

I just need to find the pocket they're in.

Where did I leave them?

Who's jacket is this?

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant. I literally feel like I am there with you through this whole night. And it helps with the pain of missing you.

    ReplyDelete