Monday, November 8, 2010

Karaoke Justice

If there be a hipster among us, let him be the first to cast stones.

So I bought a shirt that says Brooklyn on it while I was in Brooklyn.

The story behind where I left my other shirt is what's important.

May I continue to dance naked with the drag queens of Bushwick, tired in their faces and humble in their loins.

I am a stanza in the song of life.

This is not Gaga.

My eyes open as the cracking of quail eggs.

I see the elegance in so many glasses accumulating on a table: coffee mug, water glass, Bloody Mary Collins, Champagne flute, whiskey thimble.

This is a timpani devotedly to be wished.

This is music I understand implicitly.

My body is a temple ... in Chichen Itza.

Weathered and dilapidated, yet intriguing to the brethren that make a pilgrimage to it every weekend as it moves up and down 8th Avenue.

My howl will be heard in the belly of Brooklyn as I scream at the theater geeks of Hell's Kitchen.

Karaoke is a means to an end to get Japanese businessmen to cut deals.

Calm down, queen.

You are not getting signed for a weak rendition of Pokerface you performed for a bunch of PBR-swilling hipsters on a Wednesday in Midtown.

Our time will come.

It will be a Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment